The Universe vs Me

5:56 PM

Naturally, my life has to go this way. Just when the A'division tournaments are just around the corner. Just when there is a chance for me to be part of the school team and play for real. SOMETHING just HAS to happen to somehow make it extremely difficult for me to succeed in anything. I am NOT surprised that this is happening, honestly.

What I'm going on about is that this whole week, I've been suffering 'cos of my knee. Actually, my knee has been this way for quite some time already. When I sit or squat or bend my knee, there's always this loud crack and I've always hated climbing up the stairs 'cos it's so painful for me. But I just thought that I was unfit. Turns out, I have some pretty bad knee injuries. It has gotten worse since now I've been training more intensely due to the upcoming A'div tournaments. It's been a while since my knees have been exposed to such stress since I wasn't in a sports CCA since primary school. Recently, my knee kinda slipped when I was climbing up the stairs and I pulled my muscle on the back of my leg. So, I went to the doctors and it turned out that my knee was in worse off condition than I thought. All I could think of was...

WTF?!

WTF?!

WTFFFFFF???!!!

Just when the coach has given me the green light to be part of the school team, THIS had to happen?! The timing is so amazing, seriously. The stars have all aligned. I've always known that the universe is against me. So this comes as no surprise. Apparently, the doctor suspects that I have chondromalacia. And the pain is more noticable now 'cos it's accompanied by tendonitis. I googled what those things are. So basically...

The term chondromalacia refers to softening and deterioration of the underside of the kneecap. In young athletes this is typically an injury from trauma, overuse, poor alignment of the knee joint, or muscle imbalance. This leads to friction and rubbing under the kneecap the results damage to the surface of the cartilage. The sensation is a dull pain around or under the kneecap that worsens when walking down stairs or hills, climbing stair other weight bearing activity.

Tendonitis is an inflammation or irritation of a tendon often caused by overuse. In the knee, this is sometimes called "jumper's knee." Tendonitis is often identified due to tenderness at the point where the patellar tendon meets the bone, just below the kneecap. Impacts and sudden movements (such as trying to break a fall) can force the quadriceps muscles to contract forcefully and cause the quadriceps tendon to be strained or possible tear (rupture).


So in short, I'm screwed either way. If I quit now, I won't be able to play in the tournament and I won't have anything in my CCA records. If I don't quit now, I will be in pain like forever or somthing along those lines. Well, this is just GREAT. Honestly, I'm so GLAD to see how things have turned out.

Dunno what I'm gonna do now. Except to keep swallowing those pain-killers and toughing it out till the end.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook