<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d18346867\x26blogName\x3dInnercity+Blues.\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://thought-spill.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://thought-spill.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7567297507616122100', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
the addict



NAME: H. SHAR
AGE: 21 YEARS

Loves ALL Music ☑
A pathological bookworm ☑
Rehabilitated Shopaholic ☑
24/7 Youtuber ☑
A beauty product junkie ☑
Video games & Arcade ☑
Coffee & Tea ☑
Party-hard, sex maniac ☒
self-proclaimed poet ☑

tumblr | archive | facebook
BOOKS

H.'s bookshelf: currently-reading

Northanger Abbey
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

TWEET ME

FOLLOW ME

TALK TO ME


PLEDGE/LINKS

Read the Printed Word!


December book giveaway


OLD THOUGHTS



credits
Blogskin by
DP with colours from LL. Background from fpa. Header image from here

This layout is GC and MF friendly. Relatively okay, but slightly retarded-looking in IE.
Procratinate update.
11:49 PM
Monday, September 05, 2011
Quick quick update.

I am only taking a short break eventhough I shouldn't be taking one. Honestly, this is my worst week ever. It's like just when I think life in NUS cannot get any worse, life happens and the bloody school proves me wrong yet again. This week in itself, I have to prepare for a 10 minute oral presentation on an article critique (one of the readings) and I also have a friggin' 2000 word essay to deal with regarding the International Bill of Human Rights. On top of that I have to memorise my script for my Oral Exam this Thursday. So basically to sum it up in two simple words: I'M SCREWED.

But what is life without its ability to screw us over. All I'm thinking about is the weekend and if I can just make it through this week, I can reward myself with a little something at the weekend. Also, another sucky thing that happened is that I had an allergic reaction to my SUPER EXPENSIVE Smith's Rosebud Salve in Mocha Rose (smells like chocolate, omg). And so I suffered from a major lip infection where I had sores and cuts all over my lips. Plus it was super dry and chapped the entire time. I had to go to the doctor and take oral medication on top of putting on this liquid thing, WHICH BURNS LIKE A MOTHER when I put it on. It feels like putting alcohol on open wounds... but instead, on my lips. Sooooo, yea. Safe to say I screamed like a mad woman everytime I put it on.

But thankfully it is somewhat cured. Only slightly red and I just have to be careful. Apparently, every damn part of my body is sensitive now. Which I assume is a just a sign of old age catching up. 'Cos this was never the case when I was younger. I could slather radioactive sludge on myself and still be immune.

Oh. Well.

I cannot even explain how exhausted I am, but I am determined to finish up at least the point of my presentation tonight. And then deal with the points of my essay tmr. So that I can start crafting out an essay of some sort on Wed onwards. THIS IS VERY SYSTEMATIC (and idealistic thinking in my part). 'Cos I am not taking into account my short attention span and the allure of youtube (my greatest weakness). I'm gonna try my best though.

Because of all this shit happening this week, I hardly have time to read my 'City of Bones', which is turning out pretty good. Instead, I have to read dry-as-desert theories on realism, liberalism and constructivism. FABULOUS. Who wouldn't wanna trade action-packed fantasy adventure filled with warlocks and shadowhunters with theories on the security dilemma and cultural relativism in human rights?! Bloody hell.

Anw, I wanna talk about the Borders clearance sale I went to with Diy and Munira (who went crazy with the books). Thankfully for me, I managed to stick to my list and only got 2 books, which I will introduce soon. =) I promise to do another mini-haul soon.

And Hopefully do a review for City of Bones, if TIME would somehow allow me to, and my strength enables me to get through this horrid week.

OKAY. I think I have procrastinated enough. Off to work.

*shoots myself*