Hairy Affair

12:28 AM

I have done it, people.

I have finally chopped my hair off after having it for about roughly 3 years, I think. I've been keeping it so that I can achieve my goal hair. Which I did. I really loved my hair when I was in Korea. The colour, cur and length was PERFECT, even if I do say so myself. I do realize it sounds incredibly narcissistic, but I do like that haircut the MOST. I might do it again, when my hair finally grows out.

To be honest, I don't know what came over me. I was possessed I guess and had this great urge to chop my hair off. And when I told people I would be cutting my hair, like 99% of them were totally against it. This got me really confused. I know that they are probably used to seeing me with long hair and/or completely traumatised by how looked last time when I had short hair. So, they were all, "NOOO NOOO". My mum even told me I'd look FAT if I cut my hair short.

Okay, that bit is true. BUT STILL. YOU DON'T JUST SAY THINGS LIKE THAT TO MY FACE... MOM.

It just made me wanna chop it off even more. Rule No. 1 people, USE reverse psychology on me. The more they said I shouldn't, the more I wanted to. And the more people thought I wouldn't do it, the more I wanted to. So, I got obsessed with the mission to cut my hair. Also, I think it's 'cos I really wanted to change something about myself to signify my 'adulthood' I guess. And a new chapter in my life (blah blah blah). I know I don't look as nice in short hair, but NOW is the time to try. I mean, I can't have long hair FOREVER, right? That's so boring. And I can try to slim down a little so that I'll look better and less fat with my short hair.

The experience was really BAD. The first time I tried to cut my hair, the LADY refused to chop it off. I think maybe it's 'cos she was my mom's friend and I go to her for a long time. She really liked my long hair with the bangs and was SUPER disappointed that I wanted to change it. So she was half hearted about the whole thing. THEN she TRICKED me into getting my hair rebonded. Which is really sneaky. I wanted to just do a treatment but nooooo, she turned my hair into toothbrush bristles. Then she REFUSED to cut it shorter than my shoulders. So in the end, I was extremely unhappy with my hair.

I just looked like an Ah Lian who just had a bucket of water dumped on my head. Gross.

So, I was miserable. FOR DAYS. And then I went to a different salon, eventhough the lady asked for a second chance via my mom. I'm like, "HOKAY, LADY. But that's not how I roll." I have lost my trust in her, really. I just went to the salon today and this other lady chopped off a bit more of my hair and now it's just a normal bob (she can't do any cool ass styles 'cos my hair is so damn straight and silky). VERY NORMAL, very primary school, not at all spectacular.

I know ppl would be all, "I TOLD YOU SO" on me. But whhaaatttever. It'll grow back. And to be honest, maybe it's 'cos my pre-haircut was such a disaster, I actually like this haircut I just had, eventhough it's simple and common. At least it's something different. Although it might seem trivial, to be my hair is EXTREMELY important. And the fact that I gathered enough guts to chop it off, is kinda a big deal for me. Although it was heart-wrenching to watch HUGE CHUNKS of my hair being snipped off, I stuck to my decision.

I will post a picture soon! When I go out with my friends and stuff.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook