Bali Adventure (part 1)

6:25 PM

Okay, I'm back. And I apologize for my extremely irresposible blogging. I know that I haven't been blogging much but I thought it wouldn't affect anyone. But I am so happy to find out that I have two very loyal readers and so, I decided that I should at least put something up since I've already promised y'all. Unfortunately, my time is extremely limitted right now. So, I'm just gonna briefly describe something really drastic which happened in my trip.

I spent my first five days at Jakarta. We were there to help out and attend my uncle's Wedding. He was getting married and we all helped out and stuff. It was the first time that I attended an Indonesian wedding. And then the next six days are spent at Bali where I will have my holiday with my mum, sis, aunt and aunt's friend. All of us are girls so, it wasn't like weird or anything. I have loads and loads of photos. And I can't possibly post ALL of them 'cos then this post would go on forever. I'll just show y'all roughly how it all went with my pictures. After all, pictures speak louder than words, right?


Photobucket



We all had to dress up for the wedding, like DUH! They even had this make-up artist and hair stylist and all. So, they tweaked my face and hair for the big day. It was a painful experience but worth it. Although, they really caked the make-up. Still, it lasted the entire day without fading. So kudos to YOU, Mr Make-up Artist! Then, Mr Make-up Artist told my mum to put me into an Indo Drama casting. Like I would ever succeed in a show like Hikmah. There is NO WAY I can make myself cry THAT much in every episode. Unless, my contacts are dirty. Then there may be a chance. My mum just laughed at the dude. Like ALOT! Which got me thinking, it wasn't THAT funny and the guy was being serious, y'know. It's not THAT impossible for me to be on TV! Sheesh, my mum, I tell you, ah!!


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



This was the wedding ceremony. The place was small but it was a lavish event nonetheless. And the bride and groom were beautiful! It was all emotional 'cos a whole lot of people were crying tears of joy. The place was really hot but the food was good. And there was live Traditional playing. It was strictly and Indonesian event.


Photobucket



This is a picture taken in Bali. Our first day of sight-seeing there. We went to one of the many Balinese temples. There were tons of stone sculptures and pretty garden things. Of course, the PERFECT-O place to cam whore.


Photobucket


Photobucket



Here's a MASSIVE-O grand looking gate that leads to the temple. It's seriously huge. And really old-looking and kinda creepy. But that's 'cos it has all these traditional characters carved all around it. With loads of moss.


Photobucket



That scary thing is supposed to be something like a Balinese version of a Lion Dance. It's called a 'Barong'. It looks SO scary. But the artwork totally rocks.


Photobucket



And then we went up to this tower thingy. And the view was uber awesome. Fit for a postcard, eh? Well, if you cut off left side of the photo.


Photobucket



The next day we went to Bedugul. Which is this huge lake set on this mountain. It was really pretty with the fog everywhere and it was really cold. There were loads of stuff to do there. We could go jet-skiing and fishing. I, however, decided to...


Photobucket



Get a tattoo!! HAHA! Seriously. It's just a henna tattoo though. It's totally gorgeous. It chose this butterfly and they used a natural black henna dye. And it was only TWO BUCKS!! It so beats those fake temporary tattoos that look more like stickers. Too bad, by now, it has already faded.


Photobucket



TA-DAAA!!! Told you it was gorgeous. And it only took 5 minutes.


Photobucket


Photobucket



And then, I took pictures with a snake. In fact, I took a whole LOT of pictures with that snake. I love it! Yes, I know what you're thinking. Along the lines of, "HOLY SHIT!! She is touching a gross, slimy, scaly demon creature that can STRANGGLE her to DEATH!! That is beyond sick and wrong. It's wrong sick." Well, it's YOU people who are wrong. Snakes are totally peaceful if you don't irritate it like poking it with a stick or tapping on the exhibit glass the way Dudley in Harry Potter did. You all knew what happened to HIM. Yeah, so, the snake was really nice and smooth and soft. It was like a muscle-y scarf. In fact, the snake was so friendly with me that the dude who owns it, thought that I might actually bring it home. Boy, Singapore customs at the airport would be pretty shocked if I did.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Next was Hard Rock Cafe BALI!! The place is so drop-dead gorgeous!! I love it. It has the coolest designs, what with the guitars and all. And they sell EVERYTHING. From shirts to towels to condoms. No kidding. But everything is like WAY, WAYYYY expensive. One measly handkerchief cost like 11 bucks. So, I just bought this handphone strap for 5 bucks. It's so ex. But my aunt, not this one in the picture, another one. She's SO sweet! She gave me her Hard Rock Hotel Bali landyard. It's so hot! Thank you so much, Bi Ina!

Okay, I am seriously out of time. But I still have loads to tell you guys. Like how my area was on tsunami alert and how we panicked and evacuated the hotel. And how much I SHOPPED over there. You won't believe the deals and details! You guys would wanna tuned in for that. I promise to update part two of my bali adventure very soon!! Keep an eye out for it, yea?

Happy New Year!! (Late, I know. But better late than never, right?)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook