The Klutz-o-matic

5:57 PM

That would be me... The Klutz-o-matic. And I am not joking. I'm not exactly the graceful type but you wouldn't expect me to be THIS clumsy. In reality though, I am. I am the clumsiest thing in the world. Don't go feeling sorry for me! 'Cos it's not like I hate being klutzy. I don't love it either but still, I'm fine with it. I accept it.

Just yesterday, I managed to completely humiliate myself during PE. Mr Yeo was teaching us to play Hockey for the past few PE lessons. We played a game of hockey. Thankfully, Tania was in my team. Which obviously gave me the upper hand since Tania is a total whiz at hockey. Sadly, Elia is in the other team so the powers are somewhat balanced. So, I sort of played the striker (not a very good one though). There was once when the ball came towards Elia and me. Elia grounded her feet to get the ball and I stupidly went after the ball. I didn't see her feet and... Yup, you guessed it! I tripped on her very steady, grounded feet and fell flat on the ground. Not one of my more graceful falls, I admit. I fell in a 'Superman position'. Like as though I was flying and diving for the ball. Luckily, I had enough sense to fall on my knees first instead of falling on my chest. That would've been seriously painful. It happened so quickly. It was like, one moment I was running for the ball and the next, I was sprawled on the concrete floor - face down. I didn't even realize that I fell! I was thinking, "What the hell am I doing on the floor?" When I heard everyone chanting, "You okay or not? You okay or not?", it clicked in my dazed brain that I must've fell. I stood up shakily and inspected my body, praying that I didn't get braised or wounded. Thank God there wasn't anything. It took quite alot of reassurance to get the crowd of concerned classmates to stop chanting, "You sure you okay? You sure you okay?". They were so nice. Not once did they laugh at me. If it were someone else, I probably would have giggled or snickered but not my classmates. Well, there you go! Just another humiliating event happening in another ordinary for the Klutz-o-matic.

I have to thank Joanthan since he has willingly helped us with our English Music Video. So, Thanks a million, Jonathan! I can't reveal much about his character in our Music Video but it isn't pretty so I am very grateful that he actually said yes. =)

Next Tuesday would be the much awaited Valentine's Day. I don't have much going on on that day, unfortunately for me. I just went out with Dinah Bee to help her pick out some Valentine's Day gifts she's giving people. As you know, Dinah's a very popular girl so she has afew people in mind. Not just her boyfriend. Good thing I went out with Ivan that time. 'Cos now I know a few really nifty places which I haven't encountered before. I don't really have that much time to go exploring in Orchard, especially now so, it was really convenient that I know wher to get good stuff. Thanks, Ivan!

Dinah did some MAJOR shopping. I just helped her with afew decisions and showed her afew shops. I didn't have that much cash on me. But I love shopping. Which includes window shopping. I saw this really nice flower shop. They were selling special bouquets for the Big Day. The arrangements were GORGEOUS!! Dinah especially the one with lots of red roses. She likes roses. Red ones in particular. I like red roses too. I find them really romantic and stuff but I also think that roses are a tad bit cliche for Valentine's Day. My favourite flower is the Daisy. I love them! I would very much rather get a bouquet of white daisies. It's so bright and cheery. It always makes me smile. But of course, red roses are much more romantic. It's just that white daisies make me smile. That's all.

I'm getting wistful, here! It's not like I'm gonna get a bouquet or whatever. Jeez! I don't know why I'm thinking like that. This is the Wipe-Out Week so, maybe I'm abit tired and delutional. Plus, I'm sick. I woke up this morning with no voice. Literally. Now, I sound like a frog with a bad case of sore throat. That's how bad I sound. A funny thing happened this morning. I called Dinah MZ to ask her about our English Project meeting. Her mum picked up. I asked,
"Hello! May I speak to Dinah please?" (My voice was really low and cracked)
"Oh, is this Dinah Bee?" (In my head, I was laughing my head off)
"No, lah! Sharifah here. I sakit, lah! That's why my voice like that." (sakit means sick)
"Oh...okay...wait a moment" she went off but in the background I could hear her yell,
"DINAH!!! Call for you! I think it's Dinah Bee but she says she's Sharifah!" (In my head, I was rolling on the floor laughing while banging my fists. Too bad I didn't have the oice to laugh)

It was really funny 'cos I'm sure Dinah Bee's voice isn't so bad on the phone. I truly sounded horrible with my cracked and rough voice. I sound like a guy!! A guy who's voice just broke!

A few things I need to announce. I am actually in desperate need for money. I need to get my hands on some cash pronto. This is not for some superficial reason like shopping. It is, in fact, for my trip to Marryatvile in Australia. It's a drama exchange programme. But I need to collect quite a sum of money for the tickets and stuff. So, I'll be selling some stuff that I have to get some bucks. If y'all are in need of certain things that you think I would have, do come to me. I may sell it to you for a good, desperate price. Also another thing, I'll be in service. If that doesn't makes sense, allow me to explain. I'll offering y'all my services. That sounded wrong. I meant like my drawing services or whatever. I can be doing delivering services or something. Match-making services? I can make cards and stuff for a good price. As you can see, I'm pretty desperate (but not desparate enough to do certain stupid things like selling my body and so on) so, do tell me what I can do for you.

I was a bit pissed at Kelly Clarkson during the Grammy's. First, her dress was absolutely hideous! Second, she didn't thank American Idol for giving her a boost into this industry. Third, when asked why she didn't mention American Idol, her reason was, "I forgot". What the hell?!! She FORGOTTEN??! How can she forget the most important thing that ever happened to her in her entire life?! How can she forget the competition which gave her such a successful career?! It's like forgetting your mother! What is up with her? Just because she's some hot-shot singer with platinums and all that crap, she forgets the little people who helped her get to the top in the first place. I really hate people like that. There was no sign of 'humbleness'. No sign of 'gratefulness'. I admit that her songs are nice. And her voice is beautiful. But must she be so prissy?

Anyway, Good Luck for those of you auditioning for Singapore Idol. Truthfully speaking, I was ready to audition. I really wanted to. Especially since I can participate. But my mum wants me to concentrate on my studies. She says that Singapore Idol is not just ONE audition. It's a whole lot of auditions which will take months and months. Plus, my math will only get worse. So... I guess I have to wait. Maybe next, next year? I hope Singapore won't get bored.

YAY! I can finally watch Zoolander! Here's some quotes from the movie! Words to live by...
Derek Zoolander: I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to life than being really, really good looking. And I plan on finding out what that is.

Derek Zoolander: At the Derek Zoolander Center For Children Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too, we teach you that there's more to life than being really, really good looking.

Derek Zoolander: Well, I guess it started during my first year of the second grade, when I was eating lunch and caught my reflection in a spoon, and I thought to myself, 'Hey, Derek, you're ridiculously good looking! And I thought maybe I could do that for a career.
Matilda: Do what for a career?
Derek Zoolander: Be professionally good looking.

[unveiling a building model]
Mugatu: I give you, "The Derek Zoolander Center for Kids Who Can't Read Good." [Derek looks at the model for a moment, then throws it on the floor]
Derek Zoolander: What is this? A center for ants? How can we be expected to teach children to learn how to read if they can't even fit inside the building?
Derek Zoolander: What is this? A center for ants? How are we expected to teach the kids to read good... if they can't even fit inside the building?
Mugatu: Derek, this is just a small...
Derek Zoolander: I don't wanna hear your excuses! The building has to be at least... three times... that size!

J.P. Prewitt: I'm a hand model, mama. A finger jockey. We think differently than the face and body boys... we're a different breed.

Derek Zoolander: You mean, you haven't...
Matilda: Done it in a while, yeh.
Hansel: Now, what's a while? Like, eight days?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook