The Klutz-o-matic Strikes Again!

6:15 PM

The Klutz-o-matic strikes again!! I can't believe how positively clumsy I am. I know you're probably tired of hearing this so, maybe I'll just tell you the few clumsy moments I had today. Which is really quite alot but I'll just tell y'all the more prominent ones.

I broke my new specs. I just got them on Friday!! Which is just two days ago!! It has to be some kind of record. I got these really fab new pair of specs and I was really excited about it on Friday. I wore it yesterday when I went out with Dinah Bee and when I got home, I wanted to take them off. I figured that I should just wear my new specs when I go out so that I won't spoil them them. Somehow, by thinking that, I must've jinxed myself. The moment I tried to take my specs off, I heard a solid, "CRACK!". I simply froze in place, praying hopelessly for my specs to be okay. I stood there for a good minute and finally took my specs with slow caution. Suddenly, the rod that I hook to my ears just hung limply instead of being rigid. It was like a broken arm. It just swung loosely.

I wanted to die!

After taking a deep breath, I walked into the living room to face my mum. Obviously, I have to tell her. I put on my game face (the cool, calm and expressionless face that I seldom use) and showed my mum my recently bought and recently spoiled specs. I could tell that my mum was livid. I swear, I think if I weren't her daughter and if there wasn't a law against abusing children, she probably would've stranggled me right there and then. I told her very calmly that this can be fixed and that I can simply go to 'BetterVision' (this optic shop at Northpoint) and they'll fix it for me for free. The screw's probably loose. Thank God my mum bought it!

So today, I went to BetterVision and this woman (who wasn't very nice, in fact, she was pretty rude) told me that I had to go to Optic Point (the shop where I bought my specs from) and see if they can fix it. 'Cos she said that the spring broke or something and I have to go there and see if they can find the right spring. I was SO disappointed. I cannot afford to pay another 50 bucks on my specs. Thankfully, I recently got back from Optic Point and the very nice lady there said that she was gonna look at it for me and see if she can fix it. So, she's gonna call me when it's ready. I really hope that she can fix it for me.

Another klutzy incident: I stained my VERY NEW and VERY NICE Esprit blouse. The one that I've just bought 'cos I've been eyeing it for a few weeks. I STAINED IT!!!!!!! I stained its gorgeous white sleeves. I wanted to cry at my clumsiness. I got some gravy on it and dotted it with red permenent marker! It's horrible.

Anyway, Thank You so much, Haris, Dinah's little brother for helping us with our English Project.

I can't write much since I have tons of homework and I have many things I haven't done. I'll just say something:

Maybe that whole love thing is just a grown-up version of Santa Claus; just a myth we've been fed since childhood. So, we keep buying magazines, joining clubs, and doing therapy and watching movies with hit pop songs played over love montages all in a pathetic attempt to explain why our love Santa keeps getting caught in the chimney.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook