<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d18346867\x26blogName\x3dInnercity+Blues.\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://thought-spill.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://thought-spill.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7567297507616122100', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
the addict



NAME: H. SHAR
AGE: 21 YEARS

Loves ALL Music ☑
A pathological bookworm ☑
Rehabilitated Shopaholic ☑
24/7 Youtuber ☑
A beauty product junkie ☑
Video games & Arcade ☑
Coffee & Tea ☑
Party-hard, sex maniac ☒
self-proclaimed poet ☑

tumblr | archive | facebook
BOOKS

H.'s bookshelf: currently-reading

Northanger Abbey
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

TWEET ME

FOLLOW ME

TALK TO ME


PLEDGE/LINKS

Read the Printed Word!


December book giveaway


OLD THOUGHTS



credits
Blogskin by
DP with colours from LL. Background from fpa. Header image from here

This layout is GC and MF friendly. Relatively okay, but slightly retarded-looking in IE.
Balance.
3:15 PM
Sunday, July 31, 2011
Hello, everyone!

Thankfully, I am not here to report on another book haul. Although I might not be able to say that tmr 'cos I will be out on the hunt to buy a bunch of Fear Street novels, from this seller who is selling away his/her collection. I am super excited to get my hands on them. I know I just bought a ton of books but I definitely cannot miss this chance. R.L.Stine, when I was younger, used to be my fave author of all time. I have TONS of his Goosebumps books and I remember being so happy every time I got my hands on a used/second-hand Fear Street books. 'Cos they are so rare. They dun sell them anywhere in Singapore. Not in any bookshop I've ever been to. I guess 'cos they are rather old. But I know that they were my fave books ever. And I would LOVE to expand MY collection as they are so hard to find here. =)

I predict that I would get at least 5 more books tmr, all Fear Street. I dun really read Fear Street anymore, it's a younger read. Not exactly adult fiction, but I think it would be nice to relive my love for them again. I mean, eventhough I probably can guess who the killer is really quick now, and I probably won't get as spooked by the ghost stories as before, it's just nice to travel back in time in my mind to when I was a young girl who loved horror books. I AM SUPER EXCITED!!

Photobucket


I am slowly losing all the new bookspace I just put up, omg. What is wrong with me, seriously. Nevertheless, I get so happy when I look at all my books all shelved. I think as I get older now, I feel myself revert back to my old self when I was in Secondary One. I sometimes get the same feelings as I read my books and wear my specs and all fresh faced, no makeup. I look in the mirror and I am 14 again. Not in a youthful kind of way. But in a bookworm nerd kind-of-way. I thought I had blossomed since then into a pretty young woman. But ever since my skin became horrible and books became my only friends for a while, I felt myself revert into my old socially introverted self. Maybe I'm just balancing myself. Since I'm an adult now, I need to become someone who is balance. A balance of my new self and my old self.

I still want to be pretty. But I think it's okay that I'm not. Not everyone can be pretty. Sometimes it's good to be plain and boring. Maybe someday I'll find someone who will appreciate that.

I MISS WEARING MAKEUP SO MUCH. I MISS WEARING MAKEUP. OMG. I realize that my face is MADE of makeup. I am NOTHING without it. NOTHING. I still can't wear too much. And I still have yet to talk to my doctor about it, but I am hoping he will let me wear my foundation, blusher and the works again. It has been too long. I miss looking presentable.

I'm gonna wear makeup tmr. Hopefully, it will turn out okay. =)

Photobucket