Racial Harmony = Talent time?

6:22 PM

Hmm... I dunno why but today I'm feeling very mellow. Really calm and at ease. Which is new for me since I'm been so up-tight lately. Maybe it's just the fact that Friday ended well and that eventhough things always go wrong, they'll somehow work out in the end. 'Cos you see, things always (and I mean ALWAYS) go wrong when it comes to me but surprisingly, I realized that in ends up being pretty okay. But I'm sure you don't want to read a long, deep, thought-provoking entry about lessons of life and whatnot. NO, what you want here is a brainless, fun, 'tralalala' kind of post that will probably take your mind of YOUR problems. I totally understand. And if you don't have any problems, you probably just want to laugh and be entertained. Well, ladies and gentlemen, that is MY job! (Although, I may not be very good at it, but hey! At least I try!) Anyways, I'm gonna talk about Racial Harmony Day today. So prepare for my usual, picture-filled entry!

Yesterday was racial harmony day as you all know. And I think this is the first time that almost ALL of the sec fours are all dressed up in their ethnic costumes. Everyone is looking pretty and handsome. Bet it was hard for the teachers to pick the best-dressed. So, anyways, I'm gonna be abit narcistic and talk about myself abit. I wore a green and gold Vietnamese costume. And to complete the look, I got some pigtails and wore black pumps (all thanks to Jenny. Thanks, Jen!) and carried around a fan which Diyanah bought me from Melaka, WHICH creepily matched my outfit. I felt like some kung-fu master! I had the urge to kick something the whole day. Felt like I should be in kung-fu hustle or something. Woooh! I've worn all the different races in my four years in Anderson. And while I was part of an epic kung-fu movie, Diyanah, Keetha, Gaya and Shamini were gonna be part of a hindi movie. They were all clad in the glamorous punjabi suits. They all looked so gorgeous, lah! Here are some pictures we took:


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Here's Diyanah, Keetha and Shamini looking pretty. AS USUAL!! Hahaha! All these future models with their skinny figures. =P


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


The Geography Girls. Thanks to Mdm Neo who took this picture for us. We were early for class for the first time ever! And even had time to cam-whore for a while. Hahaha! =P Now, you can see how our outfits are like. Diyanah's costume has the awesomest shade. It's two-toned so, in certain angles it'll look red and in other angles it looks green. Gaya's punjabi suit is such a great colou, lah. But I especially love the purple details. Mine's kick-ass kung-fu style... enough said! HAHA!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Me and Kaixin. The most handsome person in 4/6!! =)


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Gaya and Keetha, the two Bollywood divas! I can see A****n and Pr*****th drooling over them already! =P HAHAHAHA!! Wah, Keetha also matching with someone, ah?


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Diyanah and me. =)


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


HAHAHA!! I dunno what the hell I was doing in this one but I think I was auditioning for Kung-fu Hustle 2... and maybe Matrix: The Fourth Evolution (if one is ever being made). Don't I look like I can kick your ass? (Be nice and just agree! Haha! =P)


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Me and Calvin, the legendary kung-fu masters of 4/6!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Ms Lily Fan from Japan. Yes, he's wearing a kimono. But for the record, he;s supposed to be a brave Japanese warrior, okay?! Only... he's pink... and flowery. But who says warriors can't like pink! Ah-HA!! (See, Zhi 'An, I stand up for you like ALL the time. You're SO lucky to have me in your life. So, don't forget to treat me, k? Hahaha! =P)


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


The Playmakers and Ms Leow =)


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Diyanah and Kaixin with almost matching outfits! Haha! =P


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Some Vietnamese Girl =P


That day, we also had to watch this Social Studies lesson / Racial Harmony video which was quite boring actually. But I had a good view (*nudges Diyanah*) 'cos I was sitting infront and Dinah Bee let me see all her photos. After that was the fun bit! Apparently to Anderson, Racial Harmony = Talent?? 'Cos Talent time happened to be that day too. But I really don't get why it should be held in the canteen where they used the canteen tables (which, by the way, we will later EAT our meals on) as a stage. They should just shift it to the hall and let everyone watch it. It's so pointless to do in the canteen where the sound system is like crappola. But I watched anyway 'cos I was there to support a whole bunch of people. Some of my fellow 4/6ians were gonna sing and also, Diyanah's little brother's band was performing. And like DUH, I have to support them! Besides, I like screaming. Yoke Cheng was one of those who performed. This was the FIRST time ever I have heard her sing and she sounded SO GOOD!! I was like WHOA!! GO YOKE CHENG!! She sang Lay My Love On You by Westlife. Among the four girls she sang with, she had the most presence and style. And in my opinion, the best voice. =P

There were also afew other bands. Although some of them weren't very good. In fact, they were so NOT good, they were bad. Y'know what, they're just bad, lah. There was this band which totally killed one of my favourite songs. Which kindda pissed me off. I mean, if you can't sing a hardcore rock song, don't bother, right? You'll just end up humiliating yourself. AND ruining the song! Listen to yourself first. Some bands were too confident and thought they were ALL THAT, but they actually weren't. But there were also song good preformances, like this girl and theis chinese scholar. He was playing the guitar and she was singing. She was the BEST! She had a good voice and kept in tune almost through out the whole song. She was so good, lah! Like a professional singer. Wish I could sing like that...

Anyway, I took a picture of Diyanah's brother's (who's real name is Imran and I should stop calling him by 'Diyanah's brother') band.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


He has really great hair and looks EXACTLY like Diyanah. It's so freaky to them together. I feel like I'm in some sci-fi flick about cloning people and changing their genders. His band was good compared to the rest. But the lead singer was weirding me out. He looked out of place among everyone else in the band and was doing pelvic thrusts and butt shakes as he was singing a rock-song. Abit freaky but Imran played well and Amir was great on the drums. Eric was good too. So overall, a good performance! Great job, guys! =) Diyanah, your brother rocks!

I think that's about it. I'm already out of time so, until next time, people! Hope everyone has a great weekend! =)


Strumming my pain with his fingers.
Singing my life with his words.
Killing me softly with his song.
Telling my whole life with his words;
Killing me softly,
With his song...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook