Batam Trip

3:19 PM

I didn't really get to blog. And to be honest, there's just too many things to blog about lately. This is one of the reasons why I am so, SOOO glad that I have my wonderful camera phone, Ashleigh with me to help me get through these momentus occasions. With her, I can just take the pictures and post them. Then, I won't forget anything AND my enrty would be far more interesting that way. So, YAYY! Thank god for her! So, last, last Sunday, I went to Batam with my family to visit my relatives there and to have a weekend holiday.



Usually I would sleep at my uncle's house. The one that's situated near this cockroach NEST!! That's the only thing that made me think twice of going there. But this time, since my aunt and grandma was with us, there wouldn't be enough space for all of us. SOOOO we got to stay at the Holiday Inn!! It's a hotel! I have never stayed in a hotel in Batam before. It's always other people's houses. And now, I'm in a hotel and... Okay, I'm getting too excited over this. So, anyways, I went off to Batam immediately after celebrating Taufiq's birthday early with afew close friends. I decided to surprise him after his Friday prayers. He knew nothing about this. I almost gave up on the whole thing 'cos SO many things were going wrong. So many people couldn't come and... Well, you know, the usual thing that happens when I start organizing something. Jen and I were at wit's end. We were trying desperately to pull together this last minute surprise. And so, in the end, I had to go all the way to Somerset to get some nice party stuff. I went to 'Party With Us', which is possibly one of the happiest place in the world, and got afew HELIUM balloons (they are the BEST things in the world!!) and some nice party stuff to put in my present (which I had shared with Halim) into this little paper bag with all this confetti and stuff in it. It's so cool. I love that place. And I also made these little cards for those who came to the party. They are supposed to write a small birthday message for Taufiq when they reach the place and slip them into the paper bag. And so, I rushed all the way to northpoint to set up the 'party site'. I met up with Jen who helped me buy the cake and all the other lovely things and helped me set up at Starbucks (Taufiq's favourite cafe hang-out). Meanwhile, Halim, Suffian and Fauzi tried their best to distract Taufiq and slow him down. We were almost caught 'cos we were setting up at the balcony and the boys were coming our way. Jen and I ran around and carried the cake and balloon down with us as we crouched on the Starbucks floor. I was luahging so hard. We were all, "OHMYGOD!! OHMYGOD!! They can SEE us!! HIDE, JEN, HIIIIDDEE!!" and "The BALLOONS, SHARIFAH!! The BALLOONS!!" and "Call Halim and tell those boobs to go ANOTHER way!!". The other Starbucks customers were chuckling as they saw us run around. I suppose it was pretty funny...

And so, our surprise was surprisingly a success. Taufiq cut the cake and opened all his presents. However, I don't have the pictures with me as they are in Dinah Bee's camera. Bummer. But after that, we went off to the neoprint shop in Northpoint and got some neoprints. Yes, The guys too! Hahaha! They service there is really good 'cos they actually tell you what button to press and all. So, you won't be ripped off your ten bucks. It was so fun! It was closely followed by Timezone time. We all chipped in and Taufiq could play all he wants. It was majorly fun! Priya stopped by to play a quick game too! And then, I had to rush off and grab all my luggage and things as my family headed to World Trade Centre and left on a ferry to Batam that night.

Batam is awesome. And Holiday Inn is fabulous! They provided breakfasts and it's variety is astounding. I ate SO much! Here are the pictures of my trip.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


This was the spectacular view from the ferry as we pulled away from the dock. All the little lights blinking. Vivo City looks so wonderful. =) I love walking around at the roof garden.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


That's a picture of the BEST satay in the whole entire UNIVERSE!! I can easily eat 40 sticks and still be begging for more. We reached Batam just in time for dinner in which my Uncle brought us to my favourite satay place and I stuffed my face with the scrumptious SATAY! Accompanied with 'Teh Botol', my favourite drink that is not sold here. It's this really delicious tea in a bottle. It's aromatic and just-sweet-enough. Right, I ate till the button of my pants were about to pop and we headed to our hotel.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


That's the bedroom of our hotel room. Our hotel room consisted of a living room, a dining room, a small kitchen with sink and a very large bedroom. We asked for afew extra beds 'cos my aunt and grandma decided to sleep in our room too. The best part is that the whole place is air-conditioned. I don't have air-con here in Singapore so sleeping with a comforter for once and still be all nice and toasty reminded me of Adelaide. The bed is huge so my sis and I shared it. It's so comfy. And there's a TV in front of it... WITH CABLE!! I was so relieved I wouldn't miss all my favourite shows. Especially since Saturdays mean all the lovely movies Channel 5 would be screening.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


That's the lobby of the hotel. I love staircases. That girl with me is my little cousin from Batam.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


That would be the toilet. I always look at the toilet to rank the place. If the toilets are nice, it's a good hotel. And yes, the toilet is VERY nice! The shower is HUGE and it showers on your whole body. Not like the one that I have at home, which I have to turn myself around to get completely wet 'cos one part of me will always be out of the shower of water.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Me calling for some room service... YEAH, RIGHT!! Hahahaa! I action only, lah! Wanted to act cool only. Why would I call on room service at midnight?!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Me and my sis before I got too sleepy to talk or watch TV.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Once again, I was the first person to knock out. Just like in Adelaide, Just like in Sec three camp... I am ALWAYS the first one to knock out and sleep! And my sis took the oppurtunity to take a sly picture. Thank God I wasn't drooling or whatever! And if I were snoring (which I don't think I was 'cos I don't think I snore... Better ask Nithiya about that), you can't hear it. Hahaha! =P


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


This was the view from my balcony early in the morning. It's pretty sweet. There are also wooden beach chairs on the balcony for us to hang out. I like to sit there in the morning and watch the sun rise. I have no idea why but in Indonesia, time just goes by SO damn slow! I slept so late and I managed to wake up at 6.30AM and still feel rested. Their one hour is like our two hours. Maybe that's why they're one hour behind. So, I managed to watch the sun rise and chill before I get to the days activities. On Saturday, we went swimming at the Hotel pool. It was uber fun! 'Cos I didn't bother to go to the lame 'Adult Pool'. They were just swimming around and stuff. I went to the slide and this tunnel-like place! The kids pool ROCK!! So what if I'm 17? That doesn't mean I can't have fun, right?


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


My sis looking sexy! Hahaha! *gag* I can't believe I just said that. Gotta go soap my tongue now.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


This raining mushroom is super cool, man!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Me and my Batam Romance? YEAH, RIGHT!! That would be pathetic, lah, please! I have higher standards than a FISH made of STONE! Hahaha! I thought it was pretty cute and I was goofing off with my sis. =P


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Hahaha! I love that last pic! That would be me, the Batam Merlion and my sister is the thirsty Singaporean. Okay, fine! We're lame goof-balls! It was fun though. Hehehe! =P


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Here's my sis and our cousins. =) All the little kiddies!


Other than visiting my relatives there, we just did some shopping. But mostly I just ATE alot. I got to drink my chocolate Avocado smoothie that can ONLY be found in Indonesia. It taste like HEAVEN! And I got to eat doughnuts of all sorts of flavours. Nasi Ayam Penyet. And on Sunday, my sis and I shared one large Cheesy-bites Super Supreme pizza at pizza hut. ALL TO OURSELVES!! I was so full! I ate an unimaginable amount and yes, people, BEWARE! When you see the new Sharifah back in school, she'll weigh like a gazzillion POUNDS!!

School's coming... Ugh. DON'T wanna think about it! Please, people, enjoy your holidays while they last! =)


You're the perfect thing to say

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook