Dolce At Mt. Brokeback

5:41 PM

Okay, so perhaps this week hasn't been a very good one either. But I suppose it's expected since it's Term 3 and all. Everyone's feeling the stress. And because I'm exposed to such unimaginable amounts of stress, I've been trying to amuse myself during lessons. For example, during this week's Lit lessons. We were doing paraphrasing and poetry. And so, our task was to paraphrase and make meaning of this really cool poem about War and gas bombings. Diyanah and I immediately went on a paraphrasing frenzie. And I am the paraphrasing QUEEN!! Wooh! Here's the original stanza that we were supposed to paraphrase.

Dulce et Decorum Est

Gas! Gas! Quick, boys! - An ecstasy of fumbling,
Fitting the clumsy helmets just in time,
But someone was yelling out and stumbling
And floundering like a man in fire or lime. -
Dim through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.

In all my dreams, before my helpless sight
He plunges at me, guttering, choking, drowning.

So, as you can see, this is a really profound and emotionally charged poem about gas bombings during a war. And so... Here is how we paraphrased this lovely poem. And just so you know, we did try our very BEST to preserve the poem's true meaning. Keep in mind that the poet is a man. (best result if you were to read it out loud in a monotonous voice. Try it out!)

Dolce at Mt. Brokeback

Breathe! Breathe! Faster, man! - A pleasure of falling down,
(Gas! Gas! Quick, boys! - an ecstasy of falling down)
Putting on essential gears in the nick of time,
(fitting the clumsy helmets just in time)
But an Extra was screaming and rolling
(But someone still was yelling out and stumbling)
Running around like a man who's hot, maybe sour -
(And floundering like a man in fire or lime -)
Darken the foggy windows and lush vegetable-like rays
(Dim through the misty panes and thick green light,)
While below a grass-like ocean, I saw him submerge
(As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.)

Everytime I sleep, infront of my eyes,
(In all my dreams, before my helpless sight)
He came on to me, moaning, groaning and wet.
(He plunges at me, guttering, choking, drowning)

Hahahaha! If you managed to figure out the underlined meaning of the whole peom, then you wil understand why Diyanah and I laughed our asses off during Lit that day. It was so much fun to twist people's words.

And so, Harry Potter is out and I'm sure almost every Singaporean will be catching it sometime soon. I'm watching it on Monday, which is actually earlier than I thought I would. But nevertheless, I can't wait to watch it. I am SO curious to see how Ron would look like. And I am SO itching to diss Hermoine Granger yet again. Haha! Don't get me wrong, I think Her,oine is an awesome character. I love her in the book. I just don't like that Emma Watson girl. I liked her in the first movie, 'cos she was exactly how I imegined Hermoine would look like. And I totally related to her being an outcast (since she's a mudblood and all) and with all her frizzy hair. Man, she was like a real person. And then, in the second movie, she was okay too. Although not EXACTLY as I imagined her in the second book but, passable. And then, BAM!! Third movie totally pissed me off! What is UP with her HAIR?! And FACE??!! And EVERYTHING?!! I almost toppled over the movie seats when I saw her. And this is saying something since the mocvie seats are bolted to the FLOOR!! Her hair wasn't frizzy or poofy or even SLIGHTLY normal. It's all wavy and swishy and sleek and smooth and SO freakin' L'oreal hair model-like. Her eyebrows aren't thick and bushy or defined. They're all shaped and perfect. And she's all slim and what-not. Am I supposed to sympathize with her? Am I supposed to feel sorry when she's having problems? No way, ho-say! How am I supposed to feel for a girl who is gorgeous AND smart too? Dude, you have lost me. I felt so betrayed, lah. I really liked Hermoine in the book and was really rooting for her when she came out for the Grand Ball with Viktor Krum in the fourth book. The fourth movie, she was even prettier. So when she came down the steps in her pink fru-fru dress, I totally didn't get the WOW-factor. There was no difference. She was just as pretty as she was like TWO seconds ago in the LAST scene. Pfft. Sell-out.

Yah, so, I don't like her anymore. But I know guys do, so whatever. Reality check, guys! She's NOT real.

Anyways, guys are allowed to worship Emma Watson. Just like I am allowed to love Gerard Way. Imagine how unbearably CRUSHED I felt when I found out in the middle of this week that he just got ENGAGED to this woman named Eliza Cuts. (like what kind of a name is that?!) Okay, maybe I;m being mean 'cos I'm jealous of her. But honestly, I am really bummed. All the day-dreams I've had of him came crashing down. It was like a total waste of time. And then, before I went to bed that night, just as I was thinking of Gerard, I switched on my Logan and the first song that played (and it was on Shuffle) was 'I Don't Love You' by My Chemical Romance. As I listened to him belt out the words,

"When you go.
Would you even turn to say,
I don't love you,
Like I did,
Yesterday..."
Wahhh, damn sad, lah! I was so bummed. It's okay... My loyalty to My Chemical Romance will not be dithered. I am still a fan and will always be. No matter who Gerard marries. I give you my blessings... Sort of, lah... Well, actually no. But Gerard should marry whoever he wants.
Just thought I should say, my throat is MUCH better now. I'm cutting back on Sour Skittles. And now, I can swallow with experiencing unimaginable amounts of pain. YESSS!!! Can't wait until it's completely cure and I'l' be able to eat ANYTHING that I want! Woooh!
Hope y'all have a great weekend!
Your brown eyes... =)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook